- Property Types: Small balance commercial in the following asset classes – Multifamily, retail, office, light-industrial, medical, mixed-use, agricultural/raw land.
- Loan Terms: 6 - 18 months
- Collateral: 1st Trust Deeds only
- Collateral: CA real estate only
- Structure: California LLC
- Target Return: 11%
- Target Equity: $10 million
- Minimum Commitment: $25,000
- Commitment Period: 12 - 18 months
- Fund Management Fee: 2.75%
Mario Padilla - Founder and CEO
Mr. Padilla’s banking and real estate experience spans nearly 20 years with such financial institutions as Bank of Boston, Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan and Fuji Bank serving in various capacities all related to credit underwriting. His list of clients while in corporate banking were largely composed of Fortune 500 companies.
After several years in corporate finance, Mr. Padilla spent seven years with DVI Financial Services (NYSE: DVI) specializing in leasing of diagnostic medical equipment. During his tenure at DVI Mr. Padilla served as Assistant Director of Credit for Latin America and was based in Buenos Aires, Argentina during 1997 and 1998.
In 2006 Mr. Padilla founded Park Avenue Capital, focused on funding 1st Trust Deed investments for commercial real estate in California. These loans are primarily funded by private investors as well as traditional banking institutions.
Mr. Padilla is a graduate of California State University, Los Angeles and is a licensed California Real Estate Broker. In addition to his real estate finance business, Mr. Padilla is actively involved with various non-profit organizations and charities in Los Angeles through his role as Financial Advisor, Trustee and Financial Supporter. His charitable contributions are centered around low-income families and higher education for disadvantaged children and young adults through Charter Schools as well as Private High Schools. He is a member of the Whittier Rotary and an active member of various local business groups.
Professional and Charitable Interests
- • Plaza Community Center, Inc. – Board of Trustees, 2004-2009
- • Whittier Rotary Club – Active Member since 2009
- • Casita Linda – Building homes for homeless families in San Miguel de Allende
- • Salesian High School – Financial Advisor & Sponsor 2009-2010
- • Academia Avance - L.A. Charter School, Highland Park (Advisor) – 2007-2009
- • Los Angeles Street Project (non-profit) – Former Director 1993-1996
- • Santa Fe Springs Chamber - Business Development and Mentorship Program
- • Ontario Chamber of Commerce – Active Member
- • Pico River Chamber of Commerce – Active Member